Access your POLMED tax certificate for the tax year 2015/2016 by logging onto your Personal Profile via the Member login (click here) or call 0860 765 633 for the IVR tax certificate option
- View your benefits and contributions
- Events that are scheduled in you area
- Disease Risk Management Programmes
Designated Service Provider
- If you need to visit a general practitioner, specialist, radiologist, dentist, hospital or optometrist for medical services,
Please click HERE for more information regarding the POLMED Events Calendar 2016.
Please click HERE to access a gallery of pictures from our recent events
Please click here to learn more about tuberculosis
Please note that the overall out-of-hospital benefit example listed on page 3 (Benefit Management) of the 2016 Guide to Your Health booklet should be as follows:
Here is another example, but this time for a member with one dependant on Marine:
- Overall out-of-hospital benefit: M+1 = R21 878, which is available at the beginning of the year
- Claim for pathology (blood test): Claim for R878 paid by POLMED
- Balance left over in overall out-of-hospital benefit after payment of the claim = R21 000
What is it? Why is it important?
- It is a standalone, preventative healthcare benefit and is not paid from your out-of-hospital limit. In other words, using this benefit has no impact on your other benefit limits.
- It is an important opportunity for you and your family to check your health status.
- You are covered for one medical examination per year per beneficiary.
- The benefits (plus tariff codes) are: consultation (5550), cholesterol screening (4027), glucose screening (4061), healthy diet counselling (4050) and lipid disorder screening for beneficiaries over 40 (4025).
How do I use this benefit?
- Make an appointment to see your general practitioner (GP). If your GP is not a member of the POLMED GP Network, you need to ask if the doctor will charge the POLMED rate. If not, you may be liable for a co-payment. You should also ask if the doctor will claim directly from POLMED or if he or she will require you to do so.
- Make sure you remind the doctor to submit the claim along with the correct tariff codes to ensure that it is paid from the free annual examination benefit.