What is it? Why is it important?
- It is a standalone, preventative healthcare benefit and is not paid from your out-of-hospital limit. In other words, using this benefit has no impact on your other benefit limits.
- It is an important opportunity for you and your family to check your health status.
- You are covered for one medical examination per year per beneficiary.
- The benefits (plus tariff codes) are: consultation (5550), cholesterol screening (4027), glucose screening (4061), healthy diet counselling (4050) and lipid disorder screening for beneficiaries over 40 (4025).
How do I use this benefit?
- Make an appointment to see your general practitioner (GP). If your GP is not a member of the POLMED GP Network, you need to ask if the doctor will charge the POLMED rate. If not, you may be liable for a co-payment. You should also ask if the doctor will claim directly from POLMED or if he or she will require you to do so.
- Make sure you remind the doctor to submit the claim along with the correct tariff codes to ensure that it is paid from the free annual examination benefit.