Members are also identified through their claiming histories. Identified members will be automatically enrolled on the Maternity Programme.
Once enrolled, telephonic follow-up take place to:
- Provide information and guidance on all aspects of the pregnancy, confinement and post-natal period;
- Provide a pregnancy and birth pamphlet;
- Authorise pregnancy vitamins and minerals, as approved by the Scheme, for a period of six months;
- Refer complicated pregnancies to a high risk maternity case manager;
- Provide a care plan to guide the doctor in the appropriate treatment for the duration of the pregnancy.
Members are discharged from the programme eight weeks after the delivery of the baby.
For any hospitalisation during the pregnancy, pre-authorisation must be obtained.
Click below to view the Maternity Programme process:
Maternity Programme process