The HIV Disease Management Programme provides a rigorous and comprehensive solution for people living with HIV/AIDS.
The core components of the HIV Disease Management Programme are:
- Case management
- Medicine review
- Patient education
- Health status monitoring
- Patient compliance
- Clinical oversight
- Data analysis and reporting
In many ways, HIV/AIDS education plays a vital role in the management of HIV. It makes people realise that everyone should know their status.
Education is therefore a key component of our core service offering and is strongly recommended as a minimum HIV/AIDS intervention.
Everything we do is aimed at improving the lives of people living with HIV/AIDS. We really care about your quality of life and we want to make sure you receive the best care possible. We also believe that if your emotional needs are looked after, it not only has a positive effect on you, but also your family and community.
POLMED HIV Management Programme enrolment process
Just some of the care and support we provide:
- Our treatment support staff give patients one-on-one attention to make sure they understand how to take their medication and the importance of sticking to their treatment plan.
- We provide access to funding for treatment, including antiretrovirals.
- Dedicated telephonic counselling, giving any advice needed about living a healthy, long life.
- Counselling is also offered to meet the medical and psychological needs of our patients.
Through all of this we believe that we can help improve overall health, encourage preventive behaviour, and make care and treatment more accessible.
So many people infected by HIV lead healthy, happy lives for years and years. There is just so much you can do to help your body better deal with the virus and delay the development of AIDS. Your emotional and mental state also play a big role in how you manage your condition.
Fax: 0800 600 773
Postal Address: PO Box 38597, Pinelands 7430